- Fastco is one of Canada’s largest manufacturers and wholesale distributors of wheels, tires and accessories.
- Founded by Glenn Chaplin in 1989, the company is recognized as the leading Canadian distributor of wheel and tire packages.
Following the complete overhaul of Fastco’s corporate Web site and micro-sites for different tire brands, Fastco wanted to integrate these into its current B2B Web site, which also includes the product catalog.
The latter, although functional, began to have performance problems. Fastco was looking for a partner who would be able to help them redevelop their B2B Web site and redesign its user interface. Likewise, they wanted to integrate B2B functionality into an ERP site using SAP Business By Design.
This new B2B site would be used by Fastco’s employees in addition to its resellers who could use it as a showcase to not only help sales but also to manage orders.
In addition to the integration of SAP functionalities (software, application, and products), the upgrade of the site also had to provide the flexibility to allow retailers and dealers to customize it in order to reflect their brand, as well as offer:
- the inventorying of all its dealers and resellers.
- the integration of brand micro-sites and the pairing of the latter with the resellers.
- search capabilities to match and bundle related accessories with specific vehicles.
- dBusiness intelligence features that allow reseller and dealer administrators to view the order history as well as details on specific orders (i.e.: see the delivery date, the total amount of the order, etc.).
- the capability to match and bundle orders from different customers to save money on delivery costs.
- an integration with SAP within the B2B site to centralize all operations (tire orders, etc.) for Fastco employees.
Logient also designed this site to allow the addition of new dealers and resellers (including their inventories, logos and orders) and will be responsible for the hosting and maintenance of the latter for a period of one year following its official launch.
This design also takes into consideration the possibility of making a public API available for resellers and dealers, so they can integrate the B2B site into their internal tools.
The launch of Fastco’s new B2B site took place on time and within budget.